Sunday, October 20, 2019

Snowy Day Sampler Work

Been working hard on this client sampler quilt! I took it off the Monster yesterday after free-motion quilting the sashing and borders. Today I am doing the shadow quilting in each block on my Juki with walking foot attached. Excuse my strings! Those will get buried with a needle when I am done!

My client's pattern originally calls for poly batting, which was typical of that period (see-through and hard to work with, not to mention flimsy and cheap! imho), but I exclusively carry Warm and Natural 80/20 - hence the tighter quilting. I suppose I could have done a loopy quilting in the sashing, or even stitched in the ditch, but I really love the texture here!
 This is looking out my front door! October 20. Ugh. Oh, well. Makes for happy quilting hours!

No comments: