Saturday, October 19, 2019

Awl Made Here Quilt!

Tracey Keating, from Awl Made Here - awlmadehere.com - asked me to make her a quilt! I was so nervous because her leather work is beautiful and her skill is top-notch (I've ordered from her before)! This is while it was still on the Monster. Another panto by Urban Elementz.

I chose a simple modern design. The pictures don't do it justice - they never do! I just love Kona solids so I settled on a mix of eye-popping colors. 

 I chose to piece the back so that it mimicked the front. I love that one little splash of orange in the bottom right corner. All by itself but making lots of noise!

You'll have to zoom in to see it but the binding is also a little play on the theme of the quilt. I chose to add only four or five colors in the binding, and then the rest of the binding is a royal blue Kona Cotton. I really enjoyed making this quilt for Tracey! She's so inspiring to me!




No comments: