Thursday, October 24, 2019

Interpetive Tumbler!

I made this a few years ago when we didn't have any space at all but I needed to MAKE! I have a Go Cutter, and hadn't used my tumbler block yet. Take a bunch of strips of Kona solids in a rainbow of colors, sew them all together, set it on your die, and cut away!
 Of course, you need lots and lots of them! And solid white ones too!
 I quilted feathers free-hand on my Juki (no Monster to make things easier!).
 And since I love to piece my backs, here's a wee block in a sea of Kona grey! Those were some of the leftover from all that cutting and piecing! I went with a scrappy binding too, because scrappy bindings are the spice of life!
 I put a sleeve on it to hang in the 2016 Summit Quilters quilt show. Oh, I just love a pieced back!

No comments: