Thursday, September 26, 2019

Memory Quilt, loaded and begun!


I love this part! It takes quite a bit of prep work to get the quilt and quilt backing (and batting!) ready for loading on the frame! But once those are done, the fun part begins! The backing fabric JUST arrived today, but I was able to get it cut to size and pieced for this double sized quilt. It's been a VERY productive day!


You can't tell but I am using a cream colored 100% cotton thread - I wanted the color to show a bit on the white border and sashing (as opposed to using white thread), and also wanted the color to pop a little on the shirt blocks, but also blend a little on the more neutral colored ones.
I like how the quilting shows on the red floral block but blends on the green palm leaves block. The name of the panto is Budding Bough - it's one I got from Urban Elementz. In fact, all of my E2E pantos are from Urban Elementz. 






No comments: