Friday, September 20, 2019

More Log Cabin Blocks!

I was hard at work yesterday getting strings cut and strips sewn! 25 more blocks in five hours - now that's some log cabin block progress! Forty-eight blocks to go!

Most of this is from my stash. There are not enough of C's shirts to make anything more than a lap quilt (with limited options for designs), so we decided it would be okay to add yardage from my stash to build it up to the queen sized requested. I'll be playing with placement, of course. I just slap the blocks up on my design wall when I finish with a block. There are too many like fabrics touching each other right now, and that just will NOT do!

What is my design wall made out of??? Batting! I stuck pins into the batting and right into drywall - the blocks just stick to the batting = static cling! Haha!

No comments: